<E30>Leather sport seats - repair/restore/replace?

I have a 90 325iC with the leather sport seats.  The color code is 295,
which is what BMW calls Natur.  The back seats are the same color and
are in excellent condition (soft, supple, no cracking).  The fronts
however, need some help due to neglect from the previous owner.  These
seat's leather is much harder and have some cracks in them.  Some of the
color has worn off also.  What I have done so far is give them a good
cleaning with Lexol and a few thorough treatments of Connolly Hide food
over a period of 4 days.  They are beginning to get a bit softer.  On a
1 to 10 scale I would say the condition of the front seats are a 7 and I
want to try to make them better.

I have ordered a leather repair kit and it has not yet arrived.  I am
somewhat skeptical of repair kits but this one seems to be quite good.
I sent a small sample of my leather to them to match a non water based
color to.  They also will compare the color of that to the original
factory color code and let me know of the extent of color discrepancy.
There is also a leather "compound that comes with it to fill the cracks
first before spraying on the matched color.  Anyone have experience with
these type of repair kits, good or bad?

I am somewhat of a perfectionist, as I am sure many digesters are.  If
this repair kit does not come out all that good I am prepared to buy
replacement seats, either used in great condition or a replacement
leather from World Upholstery.  Any other suppliers that you know of?
>From World Upholstery the new covers cost about $1100.

Mark Colasante
#163942