Re: Free badges ??? BA

>From: Shiv Sikand <sikand@domain.elided>
>Subject: Free badges ???
>
>I read in a UK magazine that BMW does not charge dealers for badges,
but
>they are free to set their own price and most UK dealers will supply
the
>badge for free when confronted.
>
>Is this also true in the US ? I can't believe I have to pay $38 to
>replace my worn-out badge.
>
>Thanks,
>Shiv

I find it hard to believe that BMW does this anywhere.  They certainly
don't do it in the US.

US dealers get charged modem time to check warranty status of cars
They get charged for the BMW logo'd paper work they use.
They get charged for everything, even promotional materials in the show
room in some cases.......

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta