Re: bmw-digest V9 #825

At 05:40 PM 1/12/99 -0500, Rich wrote:
>I just got and did the same thing, minus the boot. Decided to take 5
>minutes and write A1books a nice 'business practice - decline' email
>also. Idiots!

I sent this:

Good morning,

I ordered at this price and you have delivered many to folks I know (in the
BMW CCA) at this price.  This is the price I would like to pay.  I have
already ordered and given my credit card so please honor the price you
originally quoted.  I find it unnerving that a retail business would go
back on their quoted price and try to get more money from me.

Respectfully,

Jerry Chyo, CPA

PS  This is not good for business.  I'm sure you know the old adage about a
satisfied customer telling 2 people but an unsatisfied customer telling 17.

Their response was that they made a mistake but weren't yielding even
though we had already agreed upon a price.  So I sent this:

Thanks for the quick response.  I still cannot accept your explanation,
however sound.  If I were to make a mistake on pricing I would have to
honor it up to the point orders were taken.  That's how honorable, ethical
business's run these days.  You have chosen not too so I thank you for your
time and you can count on me never giving my business to you and
recommending to others that they shop elsewhere.

They don't get it.  I had ordered the book two weeks ago.  Oh well, I guess
now I've told my 17 not to shop there (or more like 3500)

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii