Re: Do I belong here??

Hi Martijn, I just thought I'd let you know...

>Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:53:36 PST
>From: "Martijn le Cler" <beamer318i@domain.elided>
>Subject: Do I belong here??
>
>For quite some time I've been on this digest list and I've been reading
>every question and reply that's been placed.
>Now I strongly get the feeling that I am an ugly duck in the bite.
>That's due to the fact that I haven't got an "M" or convirtable, I've
>just got a slightly modified (read:styled)318 E30 from 1987, I think in
>your eyes this is nothing special but the car means the world to me.
>Are there any people out there with just about the same car??
>Or do I belong on an old people's digest somewhere else??

... that if you have a BMW automobile - ANY BMW automobile - you are
welcome on the BMW Digest.  We aren't all lucky enough to own Ms or
Cs.  Any discussion of E30 suspension, wheels, tires, drivetrain, brakes,
electrical or body work directly relates to your car.

The problem is that the 318 was not real popular with enthusiasts in the
U.S.  I would guess that 90% to 95% of all Digest members are in the
U.S., or at least North America.  So, there are not that many 318 owners
on the List.

If you feel you are getting useful information, or are at least mildly
entertained by the things people post (like weird headlight problems?),
stick around.  If you aren't getting anything out of it, and you aren't
amused by the Bubbas and such, well, I wouldn't blame you for
unsubscribing.

If this doesn't help, then just flip a coin or something.   :^)

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/is hybrid