Snow tire recommendations

>Scott Messing wrote

>I have been looking at two different snow tires to put on my 94 325is,
>the Pirelli Winter 210 Asimmetrico and the Bridgestone Blizzak MZ-02.

>I have been hearing good things about both tires.  Can anyone share any
>personal recommendations.  I am concerned about dry handling along with
>the snow and ice.  I live in New Jersey where we don't have constant
>snow.

I have the Pirelli 210 Asimmetrico's (205/60-15) on my E36. This is their
2nd. season and I'm still amazed at the traction capability in moderate
amounts of snow. In Iowa, the snow (especially in January) will stay on the
road for a few week before it gets above freezing. Like NJ, not constant.
Dry handling is ok for an H-rated tire. It's pretty quiet and smooth at 65+
mph on the highway. With a 70 lb. tube of sand in the trunk over the axle,
it goes real well. Just stay behind the snowplows if it's too deep.

Bob Anderson
Windy City chapter
93 325is