<WOB> the ultimate police machine

I've heard rumours about this before but today i saw one for myself: an
E36 M3 police car. At the first glance you could mistake this car for the
usual green and white 316, 318 or 320 cars which are frequently
patrolling the streets in this part of bavaria but closer inspection
revealed this to be a genuine M3 (badge, alloy wheels, body kit, big
brakes ...). It had a wedge-shaped thing on the roof with the usual blue
lights and display plus some small black thingies on top which i could
not identify in the short time. I bet this car is equipped as a pursuit car.
I wonder if there are more M-cars used as police cars around the world
and this reminded me of the Porsche 928 which was equipped as autobahn
pursuit car in the early eighties.

Sorry for the WOB but i thought some digesters might care.

Mick

E36 325i