Re: Factory Demos

<ALL>
I'd have to agree wit Bubba Duane (anyone who gets 2 writeups in 2
consectuive roundels offically is a bubba)  anyhoo  The Z3 was one of
these so called "demo cars" and from it's early production date I can
only imagine.. I have had problems galore and the warranty has paid for
itself, at least 10 fold.  But between Me my steeler and some friends we
have produced one heck of a autocross contender (you hear me knocking
Duane)  so It was not all bad Considering basically the WHOLE car has
been replaced under warranty and is a Huntin one paticular 316tds.. I
have accepted the $5000 price drop for my trouble...

Jeff

Bubba duane wrote:
>>> Subject: Re: "Factory demos"
>>>
>>> Recently, I visited my local stealer... I mean dealer, and I saw on
the
>lot a
>>> car that the salesman called a "brass" car.  This did not refer to
the
>color,
>>> but rather the fact that (according to the salesman) this car had
>belonged to
>>> BMWUSA for executive use and, after having been driven 8k miles, was
>consigned
>>> to the dealer for resale.  Does such a program exist or are these
cars
>really
>>> lemons or something?
>
><laughing>
>
>Now while ya'll are condsidering a 'factory demo', keep in mind that
covers
>a LOT of cars.  I imagine the new M Coupes that were 'broken in' at
///M day
>by Hans Stuck, Dieter Quester, Boris Said and Bill Auberlen along with
200
>rabid Bimwads on the autocross course were probably not thrown in the
>dumpster at the end of the day, eh?  Or how about that those "Drive for
the
>Cure Cars"...the ones that you take out and do donuts in the parking
lot
>with 3 miles from the dealership (740's are not very good at this, BTW
- - ask
>me how I know)......Or there's that new ///M Roadster they brought out
at
>PizzaFest I Autocross for Klaus Schnitzer to photo shoot while Gary
Bossert