Re: bmw-digest V9 #816

In a message dated 1/11/99 2:36:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:04:30 -0800
 From: David Ma <MaD@domain.elided>
 Subject: Risk of buying a rusted M3

 Please advise on buying a 95 yellow E36 M3 automatic with heated heat! And
 sport  wheels!   The car was from MI with 36K miles and I found it in
 Bellevue, WA.  The underneath is kind of rusted, so do the wheels.  The
 bolts are all rusted and detail shop painted silver which is bad because
 there were black, right? The rust is probably because the salted road there!
 The muffler seemed have been swapped.  The car drives fine without problems,
 but the doors have difficulty to open from inside. What is the value on  the
 car?
 David >>
I'm glad the heat is heated, sounds like the only good thing about this
car.(kidding, of course) My problem is, wasn't 97 the first year for a FOUR
DOOR automatic.(I may be wrong) Could this car me a 328 in disguise? Does the
VIN start with WBSCD? I would look at this car closely before purchasing.