Need 2 Tires!

I am in need of some advice.  I want to purchase 2 new/fairly new rear
tires.  I don't want to spend so much due to the fact that I will be
purchasing a new auto in a few months(323is, or A4 2.8)  I am sick and tired
of whipping out in the snow and rain.  I know that the tires will only help
a little but thats better than nothing.  I need some advice as to what type
of tire I should get.  I want a good winter/rain tire.  Can anyone help???

Thanks
Renato Gravato
1987 BMW 325