<E28> glove box handle broken

>>>>>>>>>Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 18:44:44 -0500
From: ben keyes <bkeyes1@domain.elided>
Subject: <E28> glove box handle broken

Must have been the cold or hte fact that the car is 12 years old, but my
glove box handle seems to have busted.

The handle moves fine but does not open the glove box.  I can hear what
sounds like little plastic bits rattling around inside, which I suspect
are the important parts that would normally open the latch.

Assume I can just take the glove box off somehow from underneath, then
replace the handle mechanism.  How do I do this ??

Ben Keyes<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ben - you can release the door from the outside by pushing the release arms
behind the handle. I couldn't begin to describe it -  you need to lie down
and look up at the handle area.. An E36 mechanism will fit too. Make sure
the bracket on the body that takes the latch tongue is solidly mounted.

George