E34 Relay for Starter Motor?

I have this very weird problem the other day. My 1990 E34 525i (M20)
wouldn't start or rather the starter motor
wouldn't even kick over when I turned the ignition. The battery was
perfectly fine. I tried several times and nothing
happened then suddenly I heard a loud click in the fuse box like one of the
relays just kicked in and the then
I managed to get the car started.

So by this can I assume that the starter motor is going through a relay in
the fuse box. Which relay is it in the
fuse box so that I can replace it. I wouldn't want to be caught in the
middle of nowhere and the darn relay decides
not to work!.

TIA.

Rgds,
Eugene