From: stever [mailto:stever@domain.elided]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 1999 12:54 AM
To: Sawwa, Christopher; CSawwa
Subject: BMW Dilemna

I saw your digest post and I was in a similiar predicament 4 months ago.
drove the 528i and the 328i wasn't out yet, but I've driven it since,
and I
will tell you, that for me, the extra room and luxury is WELL worth the
difference in price.  The 528i is a sweet machine, and I personally am
stuck in city traffic most of the time, so I don't get the opportunity
motor around as much as I'd like to.  I ended up going from a 2002 into
535is into a 91 M5 into a 740i....But I almost bought the 528i I drove.
needed an automatic, so my decision was based on that.  The auto 528i
seemed like a dog, whereas the 5 sp version is a different beast all
together.  Go with the bigger car and your friends will be overjoyed
when
you go out on the town with them in the rear.  Plus, that truck swallows
up
lots and lots of stuff.  Just my opinion, whatever you go with is going
be a dream!  I paid $32,500 for the 740i and NEVER saw myself in a
luxobarge TILL I took that test drive.  What a machine!  Once I got over
the size of the beast, I realized it wasn't that big after all, and
handled
quite well for a boat, I mean, larger BMW.  Plus, I got a $64,000 car
for
half the price, and the style will stay current till 2002.
Good luck, my vote is for the 528i.
Steve Robinson
1995 740i 63k and a dream to drive
1988 911 57k and a dream to drive on clear days ONLY!