Year 2000 Computer Problems

Hi,

In Digest #808 I asked a question in which I may have used
misleading terminology.
I am concerned that the computer in my 325i (E30 built late '87)
may not work after 1999. The computer I am referring to is the
optional one mounted in the dash which calculates mpg, average
speed, etc. This has a date/time function which is why I am
concerned that it may be confused by the year change to year
"00". Does anyone know if this is the case?
Sorry if I caused any confusion. I realised after sending my
previous question  that I didn't make it clear which computer I was
referring to.
Any help appreciated,
Thanks
Paul Graveling