[E36] Fender Clearance with 225/50 & Lowered Car

I am considering buying 16" BMW Sport Package Double Spoke wheels for my
1994 318i.
The car has been lowered with H&R Road Springs.  The drop is 1.5" in the
front, and 1.0" in the rear.

I was wondering whether I will have problems putting 225/50R16 tires --
i.e. will they rub the innards of the fender?  I understand the BMW Sport
Package cars are lower than what my car was before I lowered it...

Another option is to put 205/55R16 tires on...

Also, is rubbing particularly bad?  Or is it just an annoyance?

Thanks for the help!

Garson