Re: Broken latch on E28

In a message dated 1/10/99 2:27:19 AM Mountain Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<<  ben keyes <bkeyes1@domain.elided>
 Subject: <E28> glove box handle broken

 Must have been the cold or hte fact that the car is 12 years old, but my
 glove box handle seems to have busted. >>
I had the same thing happen to mine. Local dealer said "Oh yeah, they all do
that. The mechanism has to be broken loose from the latch." One of their
mechanics did it for me without breaking anything on the glovebox.  New catch
comes with a key and cylinder which you can remove and put your old cylinder
into.  BMW part# 51-16-1-962-654 7 cost me $41.76 delvd. but any used latch
should be much cheaper.
Fred Callender
84 533i
95 M3