eRAM power requirements

mark kibort wrote:

 (a bunch of stuff about the ERAM)

 Mark if you want real numbers.. go buy a wattmeter
 and place it in circuit with your ERAM.

 Then record the power drain.. DURING a test

 Then get back to us... the results, I'm sure are
 going to surprize you!

 In both tests, you can't really determine the
 drain, as the eRAM will drink power from the
 battery until the battery is below XX.X volts
 at which time the alternator charges and only
 THEN does it require the power from the engine!

 Ditto on the separate battery test.

 If you start thinking of current as "water" and
 a battery as a full city water tank, you'll get the
 picture.

 I've come to the conclusion that while you mean no
 harm, you simply don't get how a cars charging
 system works.. the battery acts like a big "capacitor"
 in the system and you can take HUGE drains for a few
 seconds without feeling them "now" .. you only feel
 them when the charge occurs

 (I guess this makes a battery like a credit card ;)

 The other way to do it is to use a batteryless car,
 but that would be VERY BAD with all the electronics
 which havent been hardened.. so a wattmeter is the
 way to go!

 Jim