Snow Tires Work!<wob>

Just wanted to share a little experience I just had.  It was snowing all
afternoon here in central New Jersey and our office let us go home a bit
early.  About 3-4 inches of accumulation on the roads (yeah yeah, it's
friday, they hooked us up).  Anyways, the snow was very light and
fluffy.  On my way back through the twisty hilly roads in my 328is w/
Pirelli SuperSports (M+S), the ASTC was lightly plusing me back safely.
I'd say it was pretty decend.  Got me where I could not have gotten in
my old 86 325 a few years ago (in less snow).  But still not "stable" in
my mind.

Now about snow tires.  In the evening, I hopped into my mom's MB C220
with Bizzaks (M-02s I think) on all four corners.  Took it for a spin in
the snow (now about 5-6 inches) and it went fairly smoothly.  Of course
if I got on it too hard I'd spin a bit but letting off on the throttle
got control right back.  It was unbelievable to me.  In conditions where
I've been in before with a rear weel drive car without snow tires where
I'd be stuck, I was now able to tear right through.

I'm a believer!!

(the snow depths were guestimations so forgive any inaccuracies)

- --Mike
  96 328is BL/SS/ERK w/Rob Knob
  BMWCCA NJ