Re: Bad move, BMW - but there IS a new 2002!

> I think maybe a reissue of the 2002 that has an updated body style but
> without the luxury of the new cars would be great.  A car that looks good
> has vinyl, no power anything, no computer.  Just a moter and wheels like 20
> years ago.  What do you think?

BMW are planning a new 2002 for release in 2003! Target
weight is 1045kg with a two litre four cylinder engine.
Assume about 150bhp or 144bhp/tonne which is similar to a US
spec E36 M3! Target price is pretty low.

Car will have retro styling and four round headlights with
slighty flared wheel arches. There is a sketch on my site
under Future BMWs. If it looks half decent I'd buy one.

Things I'd like:

	Electric windows, manual roof, LSD, ABS, option for
	extra gauges instead of stereo and speakers, 195
	tyres will do, close ratio six speed box.

Things I'll do without to save weight:

	radio, A/C (OK I'm in Scotland!), power steering,
	ASC+T, computer (?), spare wheel (q.v. Z3), electric
	seats, front fog lamps, dozens of airbags.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/bmw.html - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!