that bloody airbag warning and seat belt problems (e36)

Quality gripe time... for the third time in two years, our airbag
warning light has come on. The two prior times was traced to faulty seat
belt latches, and I'll bet dollars to donuts that its the same problem
again.

This problem was also mentioned on one of the NHTSA gripe sites
(technical service bulletin 720196A). What is BMW's problem? Let's
continue replacing faulty parts with more faulty parts?  NOT IMPRESSED
AT ALL.

Just had to get that off my chest... anyone else experiencing the same
problem? Please let me know before I go stomping into the (dis)service
department to get this thing fixed again (and again, and again)...

Murray Wilks
97- 318i