Re: <E30> M3 springs

> Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 12:33:57 -0800 (PST)
> From: "K.C. Boyce" <k_boyce@domain.elided>
> Subject: <E30> M3 springs
>
> Well...  I've asked the question before, too, and have decided against
> M3 springs on my 325e.  The jist of people's opinions is that the M3
> is a four-banger, and therefore has less weight over the front end
> than a 325.  Although the springs will fit, they'll be mis-matched for
> the application.

While this is true the weight difference over the front wheels is very small.
I put E30 M3 springs with Bilstein Sports on my E30 325is.  The car handles
great.  Even my instructor at Gingerman last September thought so.  If you
check the curb weight on an E30 M3 and an E30 325is you'll find that the 325is
acutally weighs less (not much less, 20 or 40 lbs or something like that).

I'm sure that a set of H&R or Eibach specifically tuned for a 325is will make
the car handle even better, but the E30 M3 springs are a big improvment over
the stock springs.

- -Kurt Zimmerman

End of bmw-digest V9 #801