<WOB> 1AD significance

It was written:

>So, for example, the last christmas of the 20th Century will be on December
25th 2000 NOT 1999 as most would expect (including me until a question I
>was asked raised a little doubt).
>The whole world will celebrate the end of 1999 years since the death of
Jesus (the point defined as 0) instead of 2000 years they think they will be

>celebrating.

As a good Catholic boy I was always taught that on Christmas day we
celebrate the birth of Jesus not the death...

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536

PS.  Obligatory BMW content: I saw 2 nuns driving an E46 328i the other day.
I could barely keep up with them...  <g>  Is speeding considered a sin?