Advice sought on purchase of 96 M3

  Hi Folks,
  I'm looking to buy an M3, it is a 5/96 production date and has the luxury
package,
Harman Kardon soundplus CD, car phone, and alarm , Fully loaded, except the
heated seats, cosmos black and modena natur interior, it has 40 K miles on it
and the guy is asking $30k, is this  reasonable?  It has no accidents and it
looks and runs excellent, but it is noisier than my 95 325is (is this normal
for M3s)?
   I'll appreciate any suggestions and advices regarding this car, and  if
there is anything that I have to Watch for?
Thank you all.
 Armin
Please reply privately.