RE: Y2K and ECUs - THE FIX

Actually, I've seen the work SVR does with the Y2K ECU update, and,
believe me, its a steal at $2k.  I've already paid another supplier much
more than that to do the same thing -- had I known about the work SVR was
doing in this area, I would definitely have contacted Chip.

The supplier I used (contact me by email if you're interested) applied a
cut-and-paste approach to circuit board -- they claimed taht  they wanted
to retain as much orinigal componentry as possible.  Well, the SVR
re-engineering effort is much more comprehensive.  They've designed an
entirely new circuit board (and accompanying wiring harness) which takes
into account all of the Bosch/Siemens updates since 1991 and which, get
this, allows remote diagnostics via your PC!  It also allows the
(optional) installation of things like
	-racing ABS logic
	-traction control
	-multiple fuel/timing mappings for different purposes (e.g. a
valet mode)

These are in addition to the Y2K fix.

I would definitely go with the $2k SVR Y2K update if I had to do it again.
YMMV, IMHO, etc.

- -Jefrem Iwaniw, jiwaniw@domain.elided, '72 2002, '94 525i
 Keller, TX