2000 is TOO LATE

Actually, you're both wrong.  Many modern scholars now agree that a scholar
in 525 A.D. named Dionysius got Christ's birth date wrong.  Modern scholars
believe Christ actually was born somewhere in the period we know as 7 B.C.
to 4 B.C., most likely 4 B.C, the year Harod the Great died.  That would
mean that at the latest, the millennium actually rolled on December 31, 1997
(Remember, no year zero!).  So if the millennium represents 2,000 years
since the birth of Christ's, we missed the big one.

OOOPPPPS. That bit of news really creates panic among those of certain
religious leanings that think the end of the world, or the second coming, or
the return of the locusts (or whatever) will occur on the magic millennium
date. Looks like the world actually ended at least 2 years ago!

Already living in the 3rd millennium. . .

Cheers, RC