E28: SI Light Battery Replacement

The SI lights on my '86 528e are sporatically switching from the
inspection light to the oil service light and the red LED's. I'm quite
sure the batteries need replacing. Is the procedure the same on the E28
as it is on the E30? I've done it on my E30 and had no problems however
I've noticed the instrument clusters are different looking and just
wanted to know if the batteries would be found in the same place. Also,
I'd like to know if the SI indicators have any control on the turn
signals? My left hand turn signal is not consistant in flashing and will
even stop completely for a few seconds when on.

Thank you,

Link Moser