RE: Oil temp vs water temp

Hey Clark,
Compare the volume (~gallon) of water within the water jackets of the block &
head to the very small quantity (<quart) of oil actually up in the engine at a
given time.  Much more of the oil is away from the heat, down in the
sump/oilpan.  This is one reason the oil takes longer to warm - only a small
amount at a time goes through the engine!
 ///  J o h n   A h o
motor city chapter