RE: <ALL> Q. about larger wheels

For the record, I didn't tell Wes that the M3 wheels wouldn't be the
correct offset -- here's what I wrote to him:

>>Oh please.  You don't need to upgrade your suspension for bigger wheels.
>>The only issue is to have the correct offset wheels (I believe the
>>M-contours, as in any M3 wheel, will require some sort of steering stop
>>block to prevent rubbing at full-lock, or something like that).
>>

>>> Whether I upgraded to 16" or 17" rims, I still would like an answer to
>>> my
>>> original question.
>>
>>I gave you the answer below -- perhaps you missed it in all of the
>>verbiage :=).  Go to a lower profile tire -- e.g. if you're currently at
>>205/60-15, go to 205/55-16 or 205/50-17, or 235/45-17, etc. etc.
>>
>>Don't know how tire sizing works?  Go to www.tirerack.com, and check out
>>plus-1 and plus-2 sizing (this is what you want to do).  Have fun.

I hate being misquoted.

And, Joe, please remember that not *all* BMW wheels will fit an E36 --
hence offset remains an issue.  BMW branded wheels for other cars as well,
like, say, 5 and 7 series....  I know you know this, but I had to say it.

- -Jefrem Iwaniw, jiwaniw@domain.elided, '72 2002, '94 525i
 Keller, TX

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Joe Tan wrote:

> Hi Wes,
> You can upgrade to 17" with BMW wheels you don't have to worry about
> offset because your 325 has the same spec as a M3. Also your car does
	<snip>