Abandon Car <non-BMW> Question

A non-BMW question to the listers,

Over the holidays, a lovely couple abandon a bright red, 1967 Ford station
wagon out in front of my house.  There are no plates, VIN removed, no
engine and drive shaft in the back of the car.  I looked through the
eye-sore and found a proof of insurance card with the couples name, VIN and
license number.  I could not find them in the phone book or using Yahoo
people search.

How can I locate them?  Does anyone know I could go through DMV to get
information on the owners, Jesus and Herlinda Quinonez.  They should be
held responsible for their trash, not me!  I'm in San Jose, CA.

Without any vehicle information, can this be donated to charity for a tax
write-off?

Is there someone on the list who could use such a fine vehicle for free?

I'll start working on finding the right phone number to call here in SJ for
removal.

Thanks,

John Fagerlund

'95 540iA, BMWeee
'67 Ford Station Wagon (not mine, I don't want it)