speaker crossover capacitor source

Hi all,

Erick wrote about Rob's work on replacing the E28 amp setup, as well as
concerning his own audio install in the E28:

[snip]

>  Absolutely no noise interference at all. Next steps(maybe, on my wish
> list for now) are a subwoofer under the rear passenger seat, a Becker
> Mexico headunit and CD changer under the rear driver's side seat, and
> upgraded speakers all around. I may try replacing the capacitors in the
> stock front crossovers if I can find a source of quality caps(anyone?).

You can get the very suitable Solen polypropylene "fast caps" (I
believe they are 3.3 uF) from Solen themselves in Quebec at:

www.solen.ca

or you can source them through Madisound speaker components in
Wisconsin at:

www.madisound.com

best regards,

Aaron

Aaron Bohnen                     email: bohnen@domain.elided
- -Ph.D. Student, Civil Engineering Department, U.B.C.
- -Technicraft Engineering Services