E28 Check Control problem

Hi All

I have a problem with my dad's E28 525i 87=B4 - I installed a new
Blaupunkt radio in the car (using the original wiring) and since
then the check control has been behaving in mysteious ways.
Sometimes only the Brake-LED lights and with the Check-Sign
flashing - but it doesn't help tapping the brakepedal as usual - =
sometimes the CheckControl lights allmost all the LED's and at
other times there is no LED's on at all. I haven't had the time to
take a look at it yet - but before i do, i hope to pick up a few
"Check-Point" from all you E-28 experts.
Thanks in advance

Brian Jensen - Denmark
E34 525i 92=B4=20