RE: Re: Laser Detection?! What's the point?

 Couple of years back, was motoring along , 'bout 85, heard the detector
go off, spotted the radar car approx 300yds. ahead.  I
instinctivly pulled off the road to the left onto the shoulder and
stopped maybe 200yds behind the officer.
  The realization came to me that he'd have to go into reverse to
catch me.  While sitting there (about 30 seconds) wondering what
to do next,  some other bozo came speeding on by me , got detected,
and the Officer nailed him. I then pulled back out and continued on.

With no planning, and mostly for wrong reasons, it worked perfectly.

so maybe, if you know that you've been nailed......can't hurt.        (
" Uh, my oil light came on, Sir" )