<E28> Spark Plug Removal Problems

Howdy,

I was in the middle of performing a tune-up when the unthinkable happened.
The first spark plug I went to remove broke off.  It broke off leaving the
threaded portion with the grounding electrode inside the head.  What came off
in the socket was the entire ceramic portion of the plug along with the 13/16"
metal collar that the socket fits on.
Now, I am left with attempting to remove the threaded portion of the spark
plug.  Any ideas on how to do this?

In the mean time, I am soaking the remaining plugs with penetrating oil,
before attempting to remove them.

I bought this car in 11/97 and have not attempted to change the plugs.
Judging from the condition of the plug that broke off, they have been in there
a few years.

Thanks for the help,

- --Chris Barsalou
'86 528e dead in my garage