E30 M3 Questions

Now that E30 M3 prices have dropped down to the $8k-$14k range, I'm
thinking about purchasing one for a *FUN* daily driver.

I read the FAQ's on this car and tried to pour over any information
available on this car over the internet..  It seems like the only
major item I have to worry about in this car is the front suspension
arm replacement problem...

To those of you that have owned or currently own the E30 M3, how is
this car's reliability (engine, trans, electrical, misc)?  I expect to
get a car with around 80-90k miles and put an additional 50k miles on
it...

If the car is not garaged, will it have problems starting up on COLD,
Washington D.C. winter mornings?  Getting to work at 6 am in the
morning is rather important to me!

How does this car handle in the snow/ice assuming I mount snow tires
on all four corners and don't go wild with the throttle?

>From my research, the US models were all the same drivetrain wise.
What are the trim/interior/misc feature differences on this car for
1988(7?) thru 1991?  Is there a particular US production year
particularly bad or good for this car?

Thanks!

Kai Wang