Lets make up some shift lever suspension (nylon cup) removal tools

  The BMW E36 specific suspension (nylon cup) removal tool 88 88 6 251 110
retails for $103.20.  The BMW suspension tool that works very well on the E36
and many other models 88 88 6 251 100 retails for $76.44.  It's built like a
truck.  Connect to: http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/shiftd3.gif for a look
see.  From Stephen this tool would be $57.33.  From Quality Parts also in
Florida this tool would be $53.51.
I'd buy it from Stephen.
  I asked my machinist to make up a few (24) of my version of Ken Dobyn's
great idea suspension removal tool.  For a look see of my hand made tool
connect to: http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/shiftd1.gif
  The tabs of the ones made by my machinist are dead nuts.
I procure the pieces parts.  My machinist mills the four tabs.  I get to
remove the burrs, fabricate and sweat the clamps.  These clamps are positioned
so that when you go up to remove the nylon cup the tabs naturally fall into
place.  If handy, you can make your own doing the tabs with a hacksaw and a
file.  I'll send you one of mine for $30.00 plus shipping.  The one I made by
hand (pictured) is not for sale.  When your done with the tool, keep it, sell
it or pass it on to the next guy.  I've used all of the tools.  My version of
Ken's tool works the best.  It's the one I grab when short shifting a car.  It
will even remove the nylon cup from the ERK.
 RonStygar@domain.elided  FLY BMW  Marlborough, CT
  www.unofficialbmw.com/ronstygar.html
   Unofficial RS/SS bender/installer +