Re: [E36M3] Bent Wheel! Help!

<<I just found out that one of my pretty double-10-spoke wheels on my
'95 M3 is slightly bent.

- --

Anybody out there have a bent wheel repaired before?  How?<<

Sorry to hear about your bent rim. I went through a similar situation
earlier and would like to share my experience. I got a slight curb rash on
one of my Schitzer Type III rims and decided to take it to "Wheel America"
after seeing their ad in the Roundel. I didn't think it was bent, but wanted
to make sure, and I couldn't stand the rash anyway. Kevin at Wheel America
assured me that the rim would be repaired to perfection in one day. No
flaws, and perfectly painted. If anything, the rim would stand out because
it would look so much newer than my old rims.

To make a very long story short, they ended up machining the ENTIRE lip of
the rim off, and after exactly TWELVE tries at painting it (wrong color,
major orange peel, fish eyes, paint that chipped off under my fingernail,
etc...) they gave it back to me. The paint had the texture of old carpet and
has since mostly flaked off. They admit that they are unable to fix my rim,
yet also refuse to refund any of my money because it "took so much work".

So although I can't exactly tell ya where to take it, I can tell you where
NOT to take it: Wheel America.

Anyone want to buy a really crappy looking Schnitzer Type III? ;)

Dev