Ignition timing(retarding)...

I was wondering if there is anyway to retard the timing of ignition in
order for my car to avoid detonation when the turbo goes on.  Is there
anything "trick" that can be done?  Anything aftermarket other than
chips?

Right now I have a Jim C. chip that advances timing but that's no good
with a turbo(BOOM!).  But I really like the higher rev limit his chip
gives me...maybe Jim C. himself can offer me some advice...Jim, anyway
to give a broad, general timing retard to override the advance your chip
provides?

Thanks!

Dan

End of bmw-digest V9 #761