Re: strut tower bar/x-brace (e36)

Manuel,

I installed both on my '95 M3.  I drive a mountain highway as part of
my commute and the difference was noticeable and welcome.  In
particular, mid-corner line changes became more precise.  In general,
the car is a little tighter (RR Xings, etc.), but this is a more
subtle effect.

I got them both from TMS, and installed them myself in a couple of
hours.  I have an impact wrench, which made the job of installing the
x-brace less impossible (nutserts suck).

Good luck.

- -Rob

> I thinking of installing a strut tower bar on my 1995 325i and would
> like some feed back on a good brand and good or bad experiences with
> them.  My car currently has the sports package and I'm wondering if
> I would see a noticable difference with the strut bar.  I would also
> like to know if an x-brace would be a good thing to install with the
> strut tower bar or is the x-brace a waste?  Someone told me that the
> x-brace was mostly intended to stiffen the ride for convertibles.
> Is this correct?  Thanks!

- --

Progress was all right.  Only it went on too long.
		-- James Thurber

Rob Walker | rwalker@domain.elided | 831-461-0301