Effect of Wider Tires on Rear?

Fellow Maniacs,

I have an 86 735i, with 225/5516s on 7 1/2" wide rims all the way around.
 I am thinking of replacing the rear tires with 245/5016s.

Could someone offer an opinion of what effect these slightly wider tires
will have on handling, etc.?   Or am I misguided to do this, and should
stick with the same size all the way around?

Some additional info:  The car does have Dinan springs with Bilstein sport
shocks, and a Dinan front sway bar.  I notice that when I power out of a
corner, the rear end starts to come around awfully fast...which causes me
to have to quickly counter-steer in the opposite direction.  Not a very
smooth way to take a corner.   Is the car not set-up properly, or is it in
fact the driver?  :-0

Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

P.S. - The current issue of European Car has the new M5 on the cover, as
well as a detailed write-up.

Hans (Atlanta, GA)
86 L7