E-28 Reliability

I just needed your opinion regarding  a 86-87 535i. Manual 5 speed.I'd
like to acquire an e28 in the immediate future.  My intentions are to use
this vehicle as my everyday car w/ no performance school  driving.

I'd like to replace the following items if necessary & continuously
intiate peventive maintenance on a montly basis as long as the cost does
not exceed my current car payments of $225/mo.

Fuel lines / belts
Water Pump
Radiator flow
clutch
Alternator
Oil Spray bar bolts
Engine Overhaul

1] I guess my question is: Would you recommend a 535i to a non
mechanically inclined person with very limited funds.Ill will be
depending more on preventive maintenance and mechanics at independent bmw
shops to keep the vehicle operating safely.  I understand I may have to
shell out $2000 a year for service and preventive maint.

2] Are there e28 owners out there who are not too mechanically inclined?
Do you depend on shops to do most of your pm and service?

Excuse me, If these questions have been answered by FAQ's

Charles De Jesus

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]