Re: OBC Ice Warning

An Pham Jr. wrote:

> Does anyone know why the OBC goes off with the temperature at around 38 deg
> F??  Some "tech" dood suggested that it may be just a warning to let you
> know when ice will form before it's 32 deg and already too late.  Could it
> do something with the air flow sensor when its colder?

Your tech dude is right.  Ice can form at air temperatures above the
freezing point.  We had considerable icing Christmas eve, enough to
cause a number of accidents, on a clear night following a moist day
after several weeks of cold weather, even though the air temperature
remained at or above 1.5 deg C / 35 deg F.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided