Re: Laser Detection?! What's the point? BA

>Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 16:11:37 EST
>From: "Phid Bombadier" <phid_bombadier@domain.elided>
>Subject: Laser Detection?! What's the point?

>Question regarding Laser detectors?  Is there any point to having laser
>detection on your Radar Detectors?  I thought laser was an instant on /
>focused specifically at on coming cars sorta deal.  So if you were
>tagged (or picked up the signal, perhaps same thing) that it was
already
>too late.
>
>Any comments?
>- --Mike

The reason is simple. When you got tagged, everyone behind you with a
laser detector got the warning.  Laser is a straight tight beam but it
has leakage. A detector will pick it up when someone else gets tagged
near you.

In this case, you were the sucker.  Don't ever be the fastest car in the
vicinity. Find someone else travelling fast and sit 200 yds behind them.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta