Re: ride height BA

>Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 15:27:41 -0800 (PST)
>From: jimmy ray <p1atinum@domain.elided>
>Subject: ride height
>
>am i too anal or is the fact that my car's height is off by ~1/8 of an
>inch normal?? i just got a set of h&r springs with bilstein sport
>about 2 weeks ago, and i noticed that the height was off by about ~1/8
>of an inch on each side front and back. if it matters, my camber is
>2.0 in the rear on driver and 2.1 at passenger.
>
>thanks
>
>jim

Maybe not too anal, but as I am not psychic, I, nor anyone else, can
answer your question correctly because you don't tell us what you drive.
I'll take a guess and say E36. All E36 and many other BMW's have the
drivers side higher than the passenger side when unloaded. This is
because the car always has a driver in it but doesn't always have other
passengers, luggage, etc.

As to your camber being off as a result, 0.1 degrees is infitisimal
(sp?).  Also, a useless reading unless the car was correctly weighted
when aligned.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you