Changing power steering fluid

MUDSCOW@domain.elided asks about changing power steering fluid.

I dunno if there's a drain-plug or not. What model?

I do know that I just had mine changed. I also know that it took a LOT of
fluid (5 quarts) before it would come out clean, so it musta gone
somewhere! :)

During my annual major service, my mechanic found that the power steering
fluid was contaminated. He believes that somebody added brake fluid. (The
proper stuff is ATF). I bought the car used, so either the person before
me did it, or the DEALER added the brake fluid during my last annual
inspection! (I don't use the dealer any more!)

BTW, he used regular ATF, not the fancy-schmancy Redline that I use in the
5-speed.

Given that it's ATF (but double-check for your model!) black would seem to
be the WRONG color! :)

Jon Tara
95 325is