M50 spark plugs/ Phil Marx

I took the suggestion of Phil Marx a while back and replaced the Bosch
spark plugs on my 92 525iT, with Jim C. chip, with Autolite #3923 ( i
think that;s the #). Here's a 2 week progress note.
The car does run better. I've noted a couple of areas in the 2-3k rpm
range where a surging is noticable, to me at least . They're still
there, but not as bad as before. The car is  a slight bit more
responsive off idle, and feels stronger in the 5500-6k range too. Could
be just replacing plugs with over 30k on them, but last time, when i put
new bosch's in, I didn't notice any improvement in performance  with new
plugs. Gas milage according to the obc is about the same. It went from
16.8 to 16.9, maybe just the clean plugs there. At any rate, the
autolites are at least as good as the bosch's when they're new. It cost
$7.73, so i could replace them a few times in the next 30k and still be
ahead....
Mike