Re: Radio Code/ OBC Code

>>I disconnected the battery and tried to initiate the system
again using a slip of paper in the glove box with radio code on it.  5
digit code.  nothing..  the code in the computer is 4 dig.

OBC codes are user programmable and have nothing to do with the Anti-theft
Radio code which is preset by BMW.  I think what you may have done was try to
enter the 5 digit anti-theft code into the OBC.  The OBC would then take the
first 4 digits you entered and cut off the fuel delivery.  This would explain
why nothing works!  But no need to panic just yet.  You can reset the OBC code
by pulling it's fuse or disconnecting the battery.  After you do that the
Anti-theft radio will need it's code to operate.  Enter the 5 digit code using
the numeric buttons on the radio itself...numbers are not displayed when
entered and you have 3 tries to get it right so be careful.  If the 5 digit
code isn't correct then pull the radio and go down to your nearest BMW dealer
with it and proof of ownership.  Hope this helps and welcome to wonderful
world of BMW!

Barry Robinson
LA Chapter