<E36> New to the list (long)

Hello all,

How is everyone doing?  I just traded in my 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP for
a:

1996 328i
Bright Red
ASC+T
Manual Trans.
Leather
Sunroof
Alarm/Keyless Entry
No sport package
No premium packages

I pick it up tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited, even with all the snow on the
ground! :)
Yet another car I take delivery of with outside temperatures well below
zero. Talk about bad timing. Got the GTP last November, and the 97 Prelude
in November 96!  I've been reading the FAQ about
FWD vs. RWD and it looks like I'm in for a real treat. If the stock
Michelin's don't do the
trick, I'll probably go with a set of Arctic Alpins.

Boring background details on how I ended up with a BMW:

1997 Prelude, great car till I drove my wife home with our new-born baby (no
back seat!!!)
1998 GTP, lots of power, equally as much plastic, no stick, weak brakes
1996 BMW 328i, who needs a supercharger when you've a great six, a manual
box and RWD?

(I wish I had skipped the GTP and gone straight for the bimmer, but my wife
and I thought
at the time the BMW was just too small for our growing family.  How things
change.)
Now we are gladly giving up the extra interior space for better handling,
smaller exterior
dimensions and incredible brakes!

Sorry for rambling...

Happy Holidays!