[E36] Engine Transplant - Long

Hello guyz,
                I have a 95' Euro-320i Cabrio with the 5-speed automatic.
Am seriously considering transplanting an engine from either a 325i or a
328i.  However, I need some tips and info which I hope you guyz may be able
to help me out with:

                a)      My present car has a similar engine block as a 325
or 328 as they are from the M50/M52 family.  Will the 325/328 engine be a
direct swap or do I need to make other modifications to the mounting, etc.

                b)      I believe I will need a 325/328 computer box too?
But in any case, I would also like to tweak the car gradually and get about
230hp.  Will the 328i engines with the OBD-II software present some problems
with performance goodies or shall I just get the 325i engine.  I have also
noticed that the 325i computer boxes have different codes on them e.g. 413,
etc.  I have heard from fellow digesters that some boxes with a certain
designated code are bad.  Does anyone have info on them?

                c)      Has anyone out here done a similar mod? Perhaps, a
318i to a 325i upgrade?  Had any major problems?

                d)      Lastly, where is the best source for used, clean
325/328 engines with low miles.  I will have to ship the engine to Singapore
and therefore would want a really good engine.  Oh, one more thing, what is
the difference between short block and long block?  Pardon my ignorance
please.  Thanking you all.  Have a Happy, Jolly Good, Properous New Year!!

Regards,
Brandon Ong
Singapore
95' 325i Cabrio