<E28> Coolant drain plug

'Lo, Maria!

Some of the E28 radiators had a drain plug - a little blue guy
right under the lower radiator hose connection; some didn't.
Someone might have better G2 and be able to tell you the year
ranges involved - I would just take a look.

You will also want to pull the drain plug on the block - a 17mm
head, at the rear of the block on the passenger side, just above
the junction with the oil pan.  Which places it right under the
exhaust manifold, so pick your time wisely!  ;~)

Have fun, Larry F.

>Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 15:35:40 -0800
>From: "Maria Mielke" <printec@domain.elided>
>Subject: E28 Coolant drain plug
>
>I was looking for the drain plug on my radiator the other day, to drain the
>coolant and I can't seem to find it.  Does anyone know if there is one or
>do I just have to take off the bottom hose?  My car is an 83 528e if that
>makes a differance in the type that I have. Thanks.
>

>Maria

Larry Franks
Issaquah, Washington
'86 535i x 2