Re: E28 Coolant drain plug **Rob

 "Maria Mielke" <printec@domain.elided> wrote:

>Subject: E28 Coolant drain plug
>I was looking for the drain plug on my radiator the other day, to drain the
>coolant and I can't seem to find it.  Does anyone know if there is one or
>do I just have to take off the bottom hose?  My car is an 83 528e if that
>makes a differance in the type that I have. Thanks.

        On the 535i (I think it has the same radiator...), the drain plug is
right next to the lower hose.  It's a blue-green plastic disc the size of a
nickel with a cross molded into it.  You can see it without putting the car
on a lift, just put your head under the tire like you're asking for a quick
crush-death ;-).

        However, the last time I tried to unscrew one it was very
stubborn... I gave up and undid the hose since I was replacing the radiator
anyway.

    Good luck!

- - Rob Levinson
soon-to-be-ex '85 535i Turbo and '86 535i
soon-to-be-acquired '88 M5 Turbo

www.shortshifter.com