<E36>M3: 3.0 or 3.2?

Hello there, I am relatively new to this list and looking for some advice in
regards to the E36 M3. I am still a few months away from purchase but was
wondering whether its worth the extra money to purchase a 96+ car with the
3.2 L engine? Is it a big difference over the 3.0? Which of these engines
would be a better base for mods? Right now I am leaning towards a 96 because
of the 3.2 L. Are there any other upgrades to the 97+ M3? Well, sorry if all
this has been asked before, perhaps there is a FAQ somewhere I can go to?
Also any insurance quotes from you guys in your low 20s would be helpful? I
had called my insurance agent and its going to be about $2,600/year for
insurance for a 96 M3. I live in seattle and im 19, probably be 20 when by
the time i buy the car. Please email me any feedback, thanks in advance.

Mike
93 Corrado VR6
96 GTI

PS. I keep hearing about the Euro HFM....is that the airbox?? Also BMP has
an Euro     Mass Air Sensor for the 95 only model. Is that available for the
96+ and does it have significant gains?